29 December 2010

Auntie Orpha & Farmer Dadie...


When I happened upon this sweet old photograph of my maternal great grandmother's li'l sister with their dadie, I couldn't help but smile.

Orpha & my great great grand"dadie," Sterling Price Rookstool

This Christmas Eve, unlike our traditional Swedish celebrations of old with my late daddy's family & friends, my mom, eldest brother & I went to dinner and a movie.

{But not necessarily in that order}

What did we see?


Have you seen it?

We thought it was wonderful!
{I only had to look away from the screen a few times}

Though a few decades down the road...I think that Orpha & Dadie are the spittin' image of Li'l Miss Mattie & Ol' Rooster Cogburn.

{Minus the mess & the eye-patch, of course}

{Well, minus some of the mess}
What do you think?

Handwritten note on the back of the photograph by my Great Great Grandma Malinda


Have your traditions changed over the years?

I hope you had a Blessed Christmas!

: )

Julie M.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin