Happy Thanksgiving!


While I don't have any pictures to share of my Quaker great grandparents who came to America from England, Ireland, & Wales during the 17th century, I do have a wee photograph of my living grandma's grandmother's grandmother!


Anna Graham Noble
Delaware 1806 ~ 1897 Yellowbud, Ross, Ohio

{I believe that the book under her right hand is a symbol of her literacy.  Perhaps, if Anna had had today's technology at her fingertips, she would have been a blogger!}

Whilst researching my family tree a year or so ago, thanks to a long lost cousin, I found my 4th great grandmother's photograph online.  It was shortly thereafter, to my great joy, that I discovered that Anna had posed for a quite similar portrait as well.  It was tucked in amongst the pages of my great great grandmother's 19th century photo album!  

: )

I am so thankful for the strong godly women the Lord has put into my life as role models, including my mothers (that includes my precious mama and the grannies), my dear sweet Auntie Georgia...and so many new lovely blog friends!

.............................................................................

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you have a Blessed & Beautiful day with your loved ones.  Did any of your ancestors sail across the sea to a new land which you now call "home?"

: ) 

Julie M.

...................................

ps  Do you have any "Grahams" or "Nobles" in your family tree?  Anna is the farthest I've been able to go back in my strictly maternal line (my mother's mothers...).  Her husband's name was William Thomas Noble. (1791~1871)

pps  Some of my Quaker Colonist ancestors were Agnews, Bagleys, Brintons, Cains, Cox, Harrys, Millers, Owens, and Speakmans.  They left "the old country" behind and made Chester County, Pennsylvania their home.  

Comments

Lisa said…
Happy Thanksgiving♥
Hugs, Lisa

Popular Posts