The Ruffles & Rust Ball...



While my old buddies and I were busy getting things ready for the Harvest Wedding , some of my new friends from the vintage world were working on a special event of their own.

RUFFLES & RUST 
{A Vintage Market to Inspire}
22 & 23 October 2010


I figured that you wouldn't mind seeing a few pictures.

 Laurie, and Ilsa of This Old Country House. Later in the evening, Ilsa was crowned "Queen of the Ball!"

Congratulations, Ilsa!


{I think she was kickin' some fantastic cowgirl boots under that gorgeous skirt!}

A Girl Named Timi was the mastermind behind the two-day event.  Dressing in "High Society" attire for Friday night's ball was optional.







I always get a kick out of visiting with Amy & Kris from Today's Country Store.

These li'l slips are from their dreamy booth.


Just down the way there were offerings for chillier days.


And boots!



I happened upon this cute couple who traveled to the show with Miss Twig.


I even bumped into Mr. T


He was very nice.

But did I get to see my new blog bud, herself....NO!  And I hear that she was one of the big winners of the night for her mad dress-up skills.

Congratulations, Miss Twig!

The gals from Grandiflora drove down for the ball too.  My mom and I had loads of fun visiting with them during the Farm Chicks Show.


The lovely lady from Lynden holding the big ol' flower won best sash!  
{All were encouraged to wear pageant sashes representing their blogs and/or shops!}

She used Scrabble letters for her name...
and won that incredible crown!!!

How cool is she!  I actually chased her down for the photo!

: )

{I'll be quiet now...at let you enjoy a few more scenes from Ruffles & Rust.}














Oooh...these would be great for organizing craft supplies!







This gal said that people just couldn't stop commenting on her beautiful "new" window.






John Bob Cool Junk!




Miss Patricia, aka Tippy Stockton 


Ahhh....


Is there anything dreamier than glittery snowmen...


...and this yummy sofa piled high with pillows?

What a lovely show!

Thank you so much to Timi & her amazing friends!!!

Please visit Come Junk With Us for more details about...

RUFFLES & RUST!

: )

Julie M.


ps  I inadvertently photographed this li'l gal's feet...twice...upon first arriving at the ball.  She was visiting with Isabel, aka Miss Maison Douce.

Can you guess who she is?


Well, when last I saw her at the ball, she was happily nestled across the way amongst one of Auntie Joy's displays.


I hear tell that she was sportin' her prom dress!

: )

pps  Please let me know if you can fill in the blanks on some of my photos...I'd love to give proper credit to the vendors!

Thank you!!!

To see more show photos, etc...please visit my facebook page, where you can also follow The Little Red Shop, or you can visit us via Pinterest and Twitter.


Comments

Jen said…
Love the pictures. Looks like such a sweetly-planned event. What fun!
Twig said…
So sad I didn't get to meet you!!! I can't believe it! haha. Tanner was trying to look for you too! Oh well, next time? :) Hope you had a blast...great pictures!

-- Jana
Sheila said…
Wow! I think I really missed out by only going on Saturday. How fun to see everyone in their finery on Friday night. It was a great show and I'm so glad I went. Thanks for sharing your great photos.
Anonymous said…
Girl! you just attract FUN! don't you? smiles.
Tippy Stockton said…
I love you sweet girl! Thanks for the pics! When are we going to see each other again :(

Patricia aka Tippy Stockton xoxo
Thanks for taking all the fun pictures...love the one of Jill pondering in the Joywork booth!
Jana
Kristin said…
Wow! How FUN!!! Where was this Julie? I'd love to go next time! Great pictures too!
You guys have the best shows by you! I need to move out there! :)
I love all the pictures you have of the show! And I will add you to my blog favs. Thanks for finding me!
~Ilsa
Wasn't that one of the best shows! Thank you so much for including our booth in your beautiful photos! I so wish we would have turned around for you....We loved all the pictures!!! XO Glad & Celia/Junebug
Seizing My Day said…
apparently there is this amazing world of treasure seekers/sellers/buffs that I was completely unaware of!! Y'all are Way too fun!! I love it!! One day I want to dress up in vintage ball gowns and the like and have a real vintage ball... except I am going to have to dance with a gentleman that is not connected to my weddin ring!! ha ha! *ahem* Julie... I really enjoyed that little peek of all that vintage fun! a world I don't get to be a part of!! =) and... The couch with all the pillows... Merlin would be in Chewing/shakin/unstuffin heaven!~! =) *sigh* again a world I don't get to live in!! ha ha!~
Victoria said…
I love the name and the beautiful dresses- what a fun and lovely event!
Uncovered Ruby said…
Hey Julie!! So fun looking at all your pics and Timi's pics, and just wishin' I could have made it!! Ahh well, next year I guess. Glad you had a blast! Lisa ;-)
Thank you for all of the sweet comments! Ruffles & Rust was such a lovely event. It took place at the Evergreen State Fair Grounds in Monroe, Washington. Timi and all of the vendors (and enthusiastic party-goers) did such a fantastic job!!! : ) Julie M.

Popular Posts