11 August 2010

Road Trippin' ~ Highway 101


What would you say if I told you...


...that this wee old church which sits quietly in the corner of Washington State...


...looks out across the sea?


And what would you say if I told you that just barely a lil' way down the road from this church...rests the longest continuous truss bridge in North America?


Would you believe that I drove over this bridge?


ALL FIVE MILES OF IT!
(Well....at least that's what I was told...that it is five miles long)


What an incredible view!!!


Mmmm....cozy!


But THIS is not the view from the church.  This is the view from across the way....from a lovely old house in Oregon State.


(no...not this one)


This is the house...



...yes, this is the house...that The Goonies saved way back in the day!



Now...in this view, to the left is the school...where a wee goldie-locked girl...


...stood up to a future Governor.


AND


back across the bridge



past the chapel

&

 through the light


way back up the coast...the previous night

without a clue that we'd be visiting Astoria...and with cause, I may have uttered the words of that little girl...to my mother...




to be continued...

: )

I hope you're having a lovely week!

Julie M.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin