Under The Apple Tree...

Do you ever map out a plan for your day, but then...

Life Happens

Last week, my friend Alice stopped by the shop to pick some apples...

"I should take these up to Kate's neighbors' horses." Alice said of the fallen apples in the cool garbage can I rescued from the dump.

Alice, who was short on time, said she'd come back another day.

So..she did.

But this time, she brought along some helpers...her wee girls, Emily and Hana..and their little friends, sisters Autumn and Annaleah. (But this time...Alice said she didn't want me to take HER picture : )

"Annaleah?" Oh...here she is...

Hee hee

The bigger little girls took turns on the ladder as Alice watched over them and I snapped away...

Emily had the first pick.

And lots of nibbles...

Then Hana, who has always reminded me of a little birdie....

...didn't want to come down from the tree.

But Autumn was quickly approaching...

...and had her eye on the prize.

Had I not spilled coffee down the front of my favorite shirt during my first errand of the day...and had I not returned home to wash it and change...I would have missed seeing the big truck parked out in front of the nursery, full of sweet little friends...who stopped by for a visit and wanted to pick some apples.

Had I written a new post sooner, which I had intended to do so many times...I would not have captured this moment....

A new banner for The Little Red Shop on this, my 50th Post!

Thank you, girls!

Thank you to Alice and Todd, and Sara for allowing me to post pictures of your sweeties. Thank you to all my dear readers for your time and encouraging comments!

God bless you!!!

Comments

Lisa said…
Love your new headder! Your little friends are super cute!
Hugs, Lisa
Unknown said…
What sweet, sweet pictures! And I love your new header!! Have a great weekend Julie :)

T
Sonjia Hill said…
I, like your other readers..love your new header! It's so rustic looking, and it totally adds even more character to your beautiful blog site! I love the 'apple picking' blog! Wish we lived closer, and I'd bring some "Apple Pickers" of my own...3 of them! :-)
Again, you did a great job, Cous!

Love you!

Sonjia

Popular Posts