Feeling a little green...



Are you feeling green today? I believe in being a good steward of the earth, but I worship the Creator, not the created. I carpool, recycle, eat pretty naturally, turn off my lights regularly, and of course, I am a pack-rat. So, I recently went shopping for my kitchen project in my dish room. Whilst looking for a certain box of plates, I came across some lovely little green things I had completely forgotten. I just happened to have a nice big basket filled with crumpled tissue within arms' reach...so I filled it up with the pretty green things...and took them into the house.





Not so green? How's this...?




Aren't they sweet? The asparagus things are Fitz and Floyd (not the wee tea pot). The big "woven" mug is Bath and Body Works. The lovely lamp has the oldest cord I've ever seen, and the teeny tiny blue basket belonged to my Grandma A.

My friend Olivia, the neighbor..not the cat...came over yesterday. She saw the spice rack which won the race and is now happily living between my stove and chimney. I painted it bright banner red. Olivia saw it and instantly said, "I hate you!" I guess she was feeling a little green. If you are feeling green today, here is a yummy lunch idea for you, along with a picture of my new spice rack. Can you see it?






Chicken salad, 1/2 organic grapefruit, and organic apple juice in a chilled goblet

2 servings of chicken salad contain: 1 can Costco's "Kirkland Signature premium chunk Chicken Breast meat", mayo to taste, sweet relish to taste, 1/8 cup chopped red pepper, 1 stalk chopped celery, a dash of finely chopped almonds, and a tablespoon or so of organic cold milled flax (also from Costco). Too bland? Yes, I am. Season to taste. I like sweet things, but I prefer my grapefruit plain. Yum! I need to go finish my lunch.

 Have a beautiful day!

: )

Julie M.


Comments

Popular Posts