03 January 2011

Farmgirls, Sisters, Kindred Spirits, Friends...


With this picture of my farming maternal great grandfather's sisters, I opened my blog.


Two hundred post ago, I had no idea what a lovely world would soon unfold before me.

What  beautiful new friends I would make.

Kindred Spirits

Sisters

Like-minded souls who long for more peaceful, contented, orderly and creative lives.


I found them here and throughout my fair state and for that...

I thank you!


I'm truly looking forward to 2011. 

 I haven't been the most prolific of blog-posters, but not for lack of ideas.  


Life happened.  


A long tall Texan once said...

"When my actions meet my intentions, I make a really good friend."



I hope to be a better friend this year.



Yes, I am truly looking forward to 2011!!!

I hope you are too!


Have a beautiful week!


: )

Julie M.


...............................................

Coming soon:

I have some make-up work to do, loads of fun things to share with you...including a li'l give-away.

AND

Speaking of little ladies in lovely hats...please visit my friend Timi, of Come Junk with Us, to learn all about the next...

{click the Ruffles & Rust link to see my li'l post about Timi's last show}

....................................................................


Pictured
{Mabel is my great grandpa's full sister.  Sometime after their mother "Jennie" passed...dear great grandpa married the housekeeper, who my mother later knew as "Grandma Slusher."  Lizzie & Barthula are her daughters.  Ida, the baby of the family, was born to sweet great grandpa & Grandma Slusher}

Blog Widget by LinkWithin