The Islands Have It...


Here are just a few wee things I found whilst out treasure hunting recently.


Vintage Sconce ~ Petite Retreat

Yummy Striped Yardage x Two ~ Seabold Vintage Market 
{via Petite Retreat}

Vintage "Mr. John Jr." Cloche ~ Local Barn Estate Sale

Mmmmmm....

And this...


Lovely Birthday Necklace ~ Tippy Stockton!
{Also via Petite Retreat!}


So, what are YOU doing this weekend?


Sweet Patricia of Tippy Stockton is visiting the Land of Ten Thousand Lakes for The Creative Connection Event...but if you're going to be anywhere near the Puget Sound this weekend,  (Bainbridge & Camano Islands, to be exact!) Deb & Liz are having their fall shows!!!


Need I remind you of this?




....................................................................

And this?


Seabold Vintage Market at Barn House


Mhmmm...

Please visit Petite RetreatSeabold Vintage Market for more information about the wonderful shows this Saturday.
{That's tomorrow!!!}

............................................................................

Now, in regard to my little display of treasures, I absolutely DO NOT recommend using an intact hat as a lampshade!  I only left it on for a few seconds while I snapped some shots.  I had a wee lampshade UNDER the hat...but it was too small for the sconce.  Would you like to know how I pulled the rest of the scene into place?


Remember this?


I removed the plate and aprons from the wall ~ pulled the striped fabric through a loop of twine and draped it on the plate screw & over the apron rack ~ the screw was too large for the sconce's hanger dealie...and I didn't want to make a fuss...so I just rested the sconce in front of the fabric between two of the apron hangers ~ draped the necklace ~ added a little lampshade & threw on the hat!


Voilà!


I hope that YOU have a gorgeous weekend! 

I will be hangin' out in the toolies, helpin' my mama...because my grandma fell on her.  Grandma is fine.  Mom is sore...hobblin' on crutches for a few days.  Oy.  Will you please pray for her comfort & quick healing?

Thank you!

: )

Julie M.


Comments

Jen said…
Praying for you and your beautiful mama! Lovely sconce. And so gracious of you to share your "behind the scenes" set up. Love it!
Thank you, Jennny!

: )

Julie M.
Farmgirl Paints said…
Wow your pics were great. I snapped a few at Junk Market yesterday and let's just say...they do not look like yours;) Have a great weekend friend.
Unknown said…
Oh Julie . . .

first and most importantly - I hope your mother is ok - and I will most definitely send good thoughts her way!!!

Thank you so much for thinking of Deb and I and our shows - it was so sweet and thoughtful of you!! You are the best!!! :)

And . . . I Love, Love, Love your display . . . very nice!!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!! xoxo - liz
Cassie Shella said…
I'll say lots of prayers for your mom's comfort and wow what gorgeous finds! Have a Blessed Week.
Seizing My Day said…
Oy is right!! Hope your mama is on the mend and off those crutches! love the necklace!! oh so pretty!
Vær våken said…
Hi Julie! Hope you had a beautiful weekend! Thank you for your sweet comment on my guest post for Zaira! xoxoxo

Popular Posts