Spring Road Trippin'


I cannot believe that it's actually been a year ~ to the day ~ since my mama and I set off on our big ol' road trip!

The Columbia River




The Gorge at George is that'a way.




We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather!


Cloudy...with a chance of raspberry-filled oatmeal cookies...


...a traditional family road trip snack!


Another fine treat was the fact that my mama did the majority of the driving on our trip...so that I could snap photos along the way with my li'l old Panasonic point & shoot.


As you may recall, that's quite the feat when Cathy Grandma's driving!

July 2010 ~ Crescent Lake
The Olympic Peninsula ~ Washington State

.................................

If you've never visited the Northwest and are planning a trip...you're in for a real treat.

Especially, if you're aiming for a little peace & quiet. 


I believe this was a monastery...


...somewhere in Idamo.
 (I don't know if it was Idaho or Montana)

: )

What a gorgeous day!


Considering the events of this spring, I'm especially grateful that we had the opportunity to venture out on the Midwestern Junkin' & Family History Huntin' Tour!

Next stop:  Birthdayville!

..........................................................

So, would you like to know what my precious mother did to bide her time while I finished loading up the car for our trip?


MacGyverette that she is...she grabbed the nearest tool and started doing a little weeding.



Happy Monday, Everyone!


: )


Julie M.

........................................


Thank you so much for your continued prayers for my big brother!



Comments

Alison Agnew said…
such gorgeous scenery! i hope y'all can go on another trip soon.

blessings,

alison

Popular Posts