Barn Chicks...



Last weekend, (the one before this past weekend)...one half of the Wonder Twins and I dropped my mama off at her high school reunion luncheon and then headed off for a little drive down the backroads of my Nebraskan grandparents' birthplace.









What a gorgeous day!

















We saw loads of lovely farms...

...but this is the view...





...from the barn on the farm....





...with the eight-sided house...




...where my grandma was born!





And this is the gate to the house 'cross the way...





...where my grandma dreamed she would, one day, PLAY!


Thank you so much, Auntie Georgia, for the beautiful tour!


.................................................................


I hope ya'll are having a lovely week!  (I'm listening to the rain pelt the roof as I write)

: )

Julie M.


pps  I hope to post more about The Midwestern Junkin' and Family History Huntin' Tour with Lil' Red and the Wonder Twins soon...along with all of the scoop from the Farm Chicks' Show!  I had to make a trip "into town" yesterday to fetch Peep, who boarded at the vets' while we were hittin' the road.  She is doing quite well and is sooo happy to be home.  I may just have to change her name...because she has quite the big little voice now and loads of things to say.  

Oh, and before I forget....ya'll need to head on over and visit my blog friend Mary, aka Urban Farmgirl.  She's giving away a $50 Pottery Barn gift card!!!

Yeehaw!!!

To see more show photos, etc...please visit my facebook page, where you can also follow The Little Red Shop, or you can visit us via Pinterest and Twitter.



Comments

Lottie said…
I love the farms and old houses! Beautiful blog! Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
Maggie said…
Hi Julie M,
I'm Julie M too! Julie Margaret!!
Love your shots of the big, wide open, blue skies and the little 8 sided house is adorable.
Happy OW from Normandy.
Maggie
Loved the drive and especially the eight-sided house where your grandma was born!
Farmgirl Paints said…
I LOVE anything farmy. Those were gorgeous pastoral pics. Just loved them. And those farmhouses...swoon! Someday...
Kelley said…
Each time I visit your blog, I find warmth, peace and appreciation for wholesome country. Thanks for the lovely photos.
Anonymous said…
Lovely! ♥
Unknown said…
Hi there! I was so nice to see you at the Farm Chicks Show. You are the Little Red Shop blog that I follow and love! :)

I hope that you had a great time at the show and found some goodies to bring home with you.

Kristen
http://sophiasdecor.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
What beautiful pictures Julie!!! It was so great to get to meet you...I wish we could've chatted over breakfast...next time, okay??!

Big hugs ~

:) T
Laurie said…
This reminds me of the days growing up on our farm, and I loved seeing the house where your grandma was born. What a blessing that it is all still there! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful day with us!

Blessings,
Laurie
Anonymous said…
What a unique home....must be nice to see heritage houses that belong to family and I adore the gate.
Ms. Bake-it said…
What a fabulous tour Julie! Gorgeous view and I love the farm houses. Especially the one where your grandmother was born. What wonderful history.

~ Tracy
Seizing My Day said…
I love LOVE the eight sided house!! ;) Such fun family history! You are blessed to have a close family!

Popular Posts