Happy Mother's Day!!!


Hello!

It's been a little over a month since I last posted on my blog, so I thought it was about time to check back in with y'all.

My maternal grandma with my big brothers ~ Kalaloch Beach on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State...when I was 2 weeks old.
ps  That's my mama's sweater.  She still has it. 

Thank you so much to everyone who's been praying for my brother Bryan.  He's still dangerously ill, but we are holding onto the hope that he is going to make it through this and we take comfort in knowing that...

God is in control!

Just click here to read Bryan's story.  While I've been away, I've been keeping The Little Red Shop's  Facebook fanpage posted with updates on Bryan's progress.

Thank you so much to all y'all who've been leaving sweet comments.  We really appreciate your encouragement.


***************************

In other news,

Grandma snapped this photo, way back then, whilst she was out visiting us from Nebraska.  


Jeffy, daddy, Bryan, moi, & mama

1.  When I showed this photo to my mama tonight, she said, "Wow, dad looks little...but maybe that's because my hair was so big!"

{My daddy was 5'11" to my mama's 5'4"...not including said 'do}

2.  I have strategically placed the "Happy Mother's Day" bubble over the strategically placed ink pen marks my grandma used to censor my seated mama in her ultra short striped dress....my mama who just had a baby, her third...two weeks prior to this photo being taken!!!

3.  Aren't little boys in knee socks the best?

I hope y'all have a blessed Mother's Day!

: )

Julie M.


Comments

Jen said…
Lovely to see a post from TLRS, Julie! I'm giggling about your mom's dress. We have a picture of my mom standing and holding Kim wearing a dress that we are pretty sure would show absolutely everything should she tilt even a degree past vertical. We found the dress while helping my mom move -- it came with it's own cover-up panties! These gorgeous modest women sporting their 60's micro-mini's... :)
Christy Amular said…
Keeping Bryan in my prayers...

Happy Mother's Day!!
Happy Mother's Day Julie! These are sweet memories. Such a lovely family photo.Blessings to you and your family. I will keep your brother in my prayers.

XO Glad
Thank you for the sweet comments!

and

Uhh..hem, Jenny, like you, I was born in the 70's. : p

: )

Happy Mother's Day!

Julie M.

Popular Posts