Fancy Nancy...The Elf, Herself



Well, hello there! (I hear my aunt's Minnesotan accent when I say that) I know it's been awhile. I've been a little distracted lately with my shop, and life, and what not. Thank you so much for your patience and your sweet comments! I really appreciate it/them/you! It's getting pretty late...so I'll just jump right in...







One of my clients called me "Fancy Nancy" today.






I don't know why...






Wee me in a hooty tooty outfit from my paternal grandparents





As I selected some pretty tissue paper to wrap the stocking stuffers she had picked out for her sweeties, Sasha said, "You're so fancy!!! You're just like Fancy Nancy!"




Sasha had been in the shop last week with her wee darling girls. When they saw all of the goodies and sweet things and a particular doll just waiting to be wrapped...they got all big-eyed and grinned shyly from ear to ear. "I wrap presents for Santa," I said. "I'm like an elf...that's why I have The Little Red Shop!" As I turned my 5'7" self back behind the counter to fetch something, I heard one of the girls whisper, "I thought elves were supposed to be little." "Elves come in all sizes, honey," Sasha said sweetly but firmly. "We don't discriminate." hee hee...






My older brothers, the middle one, and the farmer...in corduroy vests made by our paternal grandmother.







I hope you are all having a festive and beautiful December!






: )

Julie M.




ps You can read more about Fancy Nancy and her splendiferous Christmas here.



pps I have the left over fabric from the nifty corduroy vests my grandmother made for my brothers...I also have a rug-sized swatch of the carpet from my grandparents' Edina basement which looks a mighty lot like those vests...and the stair runner in Kate Winslet's cottage in The Holiday!


Comments

Sara said…
That picture of Jeff cracks me up! I'd love to see what you're going to do with the leftover corduroy...
Unknown said…
Your shop sounds so delightful Julie...I would love to see some pics!! I hope you too are having a joyous Christmas season!!!

Blessings ~

:) T
Christy Amular said…
Such an adorable photo of you!!

Popular Posts